Tuesday 15 September 2015

Baked cheesecake with peaches


 Baked cheesecake was always fundamental in all my childhood celebrations. Christmas, Easter, birthdays you name it.  Always there. The only difference was that I knew only one type of cheesecake made by my grandmother, mother, auntie etc. - baked curd cheese base and chocolate glaze on the top (how boring!, I know).
Years later and enormous amount of recipes tried behind me  I miss what? Good old, boring baked cheesecake! I must be getting old. Today's cheesecake however is topped with peaches and jelly as opposed to chocolate glaze. I hope you will like it.

BASE (24cm - 10")
200g digestives biscuits
100g butter
pinch salt
1 tsp cinnamon
Blend everything together. Line your baking pan with paper and spread the mixture at the bottom. Bake in 180C for 10-15 min.

CHEESECAKE FILLING
500g curd cheese
300ml whipping cream
100g mascarpone cheese
1 lemon zest
150g sugar
1tsp vanilla extract
50g cornflour
5 eggs
Place curd cheese, mascarpone, cream, zest, sugar, vanilla, cornflour and eggs in a mixing bowl and beat them together. Pour over the base and bake in bain marie for about 1h or just till slightly firm ( the middle part should still be springy). Cool down.

TOPPING
peaches (fresh or tinned)
peach jelly

I soaked peaches in Amaretto liquor with a bit of sugar beforehand as almond and peaches go very nicely together but they turned out very bitter. Next time I will skip this part. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment